The Somerset Belt Masterplan
The Somerset Belt is set to become a vibrant youth precinct in Singapore, as part of the wider Orchard Road rejuvenation plan. Youths can look forward to having a direct hand in shaping Somerset Belt into an exciting, creative and dynamic place.
In 2019, 9,300 youths were involved in co-creating the Somerset Belt Masterplan. The Masterplan offers a general direction for future programming and infrastructure within the area. You can find more information about the masterplan here at https://youthactionplan.sg/somersetbelt/
Make your mark on the iconic Red Bus and the surrounding space! How do you think it can be transformed to become an even more dynamic and exciting space for you and your friends? Think big! $20,000 is the limit!
Share your ideas and plans on:
- How the Red Bus and surrounding green spaces can be more fun, inclusive and accessible for youths to connect, imagine, and play?
- What physical and digital elements can make this a reality?
Given the current safe distancing measures and gradual reopening of spaces, you can suggest ideas that are:
- Digital only (e.g. VR, AI, applications)
- Digital and Physical (e.g., furniture, installations)
- Physical only (e.g. furniture, installations)
Physical installations can be implemented later in the year when safe distancing measures ease.
Download the YoCo User Guide, Project Brief and Masterplan here at https://www.tinyurl.com/sbresourcepack